Welcome to BlackBerry Java application development!
BlackBerry® Java® application development provides you with BlackBerry APIs that can help take your application to a new level of function and design. These APIs provide you access to rich media and other compelling technology that you can leverage to create engaging, visually complex, and stunning new apps that seamlessly connect to other apps as well as BlackBerry device applications.
Start exploring the BlackBerry API and find out how you can interact with almost everything in the BlackBerry solution: from built-in features such as the GPS and the camera and video recorder, to push services and the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. Choose a view below to begin:
Get started here! Read these overviews and code snippets to help you get started developing applications for BlackBerry devices.
Already know what you're looking for? The package index presents the BlackBerry API grouped by the technology that a package supports.
Find out more
- Getting Started with BlackBerry Development: Get started developing, testing and distributing applications for the BlackBerry® Application Platform. Learn about different approaches to developing on the BlackBerry platform.
- Developer Guides: Your central source for developer guides, feature and technical overviews, and documentation about developer tools.
- BlackBerry Developer Zone: The central place to get tools, resources, and information to develop, test, and distribute applications for the BlackBerry Application Platform. Visit the BlackBerry® Developer Zone to get tools, read tutorials, view videos, and take part in hands-on labs.
- Developer Resource Center: The premier destination to get answers to specific questions on developer-related topics. Talk to other developers in developer-community support forums.
- Create a Super App Experience: Harness the BlackBerry Java API to create a transformative mobile application experience for your users. Learn how to use the unique capabilities of the BlackBerry® platform to make your app:
- an always-on experience
- context-aware, and location-driven
- tightly integrated with native apps
- social and connected
- deliver near real-time notifications
- efficient and scalable
Copyright 1999-2011 Research In Motion Limited. 295 Phillip Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3W8. All Rights Reserved.
Java is a trademark of Oracle America, Inc. in the US and other countries.