WES 2010 Preview Guide
New 1.5-day Executive Pass for business leaders added
Business managers hungry for information on mobile solutions are signing up for the new 1.5-day Executive Pass April 27–28 at the Wireless Enterprise Symposium (WES) 2010. More than 5,000 people are expected to attend the full show from April 27–29 at the Orlando World Center Marriott in sunny Orlando, Florida. With an entirely new, forward-thinking agenda, we'll explore and explain how the community is working together to increase the value of mobility in your business.
For the BlackBerry event of the year we have put together this preview guide to help you get the most out of the show. Sample the tracks and sessions, get pricing and registration information, read conference tips, and plan your itinerary today!
- Executive pass features
- Five reasons to attend WES 2010
- Tracks and session previews (and suggested audiences)
- 2010 Public Sector Forum
- Registration guide
- Nine tips for getting the most from WES 2010
- How to convince your boss that you should attend
EXECUTIVE PASS FEATURES
The Executive Pass—for Tuesday and Wednesday April 27&ndahs;28 only—is ideal for the busy executive or business decision maker who wants to attend business-focused sessions and the WES general sessions, without being away from the office for long. It will give you access to sessions that are pre-selected by RIM. The Executive Pass includes:
- WES 2010 Keynotes on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Selected breakout sessions in the “Mobility as a Business Driver” track
- Admission to the Welcome Reception in the Solutions Showcase on Monday evening
- Admission to the Conference Party
- Admission to the Solutions Showcase and Ask The Experts during open hours, Tuesday and Wednesday until 2 pm
- Breakfast, breaks, and lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Access to the WES Lounge on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Complimentary access to Wi-Fi internet in the conference center
- Access to selected session presentations in the “Mobility as a Business Driver” track in PDF format, plus selected presentations in MP3 format
- Free access to the Virtual conference site until November 30th, 2010
- Registration gift upon check-in onsite
- Only $899 US!
FIVE REASONS TO ATTEND WES 2010
- Get your hardest questions answered: Speak one-on-one with BlackBerry experts from RIM, join a hands-on lab, and attend targeted breakout sessions.
- Learn from your peers: Share insights, experiences, and challenges with like-minded people from across the globe.
- WES is a great value: More than 100 breakout sessions in four tracks, hands-on labs, keynote speakers, training, certification exams—these opportunities and more are all available at a great price.
- Supercharge your mobility strategy: Take home the strategies and techniques needed to meet your organization's mobility objectives in 2010.
- The Solutions Showcase: Preview mobility products and services from carriers, ISVs, and solution integrators.
TRACKS AND SESSION PREVIEWS (AND SUGGESTED AUDIENCES)
We have organized the sessions into the following four main tracks. Within each track you'll find multiple sessions that will appeal to every audience and expertise level. Or, with the Full WES Conference Pass, create your own schedule by mixing sessions from any track.
1. Mobility as a Business Driver
Audience: Executives, Business Leaders, BlackBerry Alliance Members
- Smartphone proliferation in the enterprise: The business impact
- Mobility math: RIO/TCO of deployments
- The latest mobile solutions for sales forces and field forces
- Mobilizing your customer-facing applications on BlackBerry App World
2. Mobilizing Enterprise Voice Communications
Audience: Senior Executives, Telephony Leaders, Telecom System Administrators, BlackBerry Alliance Members
- Cutting the cord: Building a business case for fixed mobile convergence
- Key steps to successfully deploying and rolling out BlackBerry Mobile Voice System
- Managing costs and enterprise voice communications
- Integrating BlackBerry Mobile Voice System into your enterprise voice network
3. Developing Mobile Applications for the Enterprise
Audience: Developers, IT Architects and Senior IT Managers, BlackBerry Alliance Members
- Getting started: Understanding the BlackBerry widget development platform
- Build vs. buy: Making an informed decision
- Designing and distributing consumer-facing apps with BlackBerry App World™
- Advanced user interface design for Java applications
4. Mobile Architecture for Today's BlackBerry Administrator
Audience: Administrators of the BlackBerry Solution, Messaging Systems and Telecom Systems, BlackBerry Alliance Members
- Secure deployment of user-provisioned applications
- Deploying enterprise applications
- Extending the desktop
- Architecting your BlackBerry deployment for high availability
2010 PUBLIC SECTOR FORUM
Government agencies, this is for you! Designed specifically for the needs of government agencies at all levels, this full-day forum focuses on hardware, Mobile Voice Services, and the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. In the afternoon divide into smaller focus groups covering healthcare, defense, law enforcement, and other hot topics.
|WES 2010 registration||Start here to register.|
|Session catalog||Go here for session descriptions and schedules.|
|Pricing and packages||See rates for Full Conference Pass, 1.5-Day Executive Pass, and other packages.|
|Registration FAQs||Answers on fees, discounts, payments, accommodations, companions, and more.|
|Budget planner||Calculate your budget for registration, hotel, training, airfare, and more.|
|Special offers||You may qualify for group discounts, the alumni discount, or early bird offers.|
How to convince your boss that you should attend
Need to get your boss to say yes to your trip to WES 2010? Give him or her these talking points:
- This track <insert track here> matches our business objectives <list objectives here>
- These sessions are exactly what I need to finish our project <list sessions>
- We should really bring a team to divide and conquer
- I will represent our company and network with potential clients and vendors
- Here is my justification <securing our data, mobility matters to our bottom line, it will help us do a project faster, cheaper, better, etc.>
- You should go too!
NINE TIPS FOR GETTING THE MOST FROM WES 2010
- Build your itinerary around your strategic objectives
- Go as a team so you can divide and conquer
- Put down your BlackBerry smartphone and introduce yourself!
- Network using BlackBerry® Messenger, Facebook®, and other social networking tools (hint: LinkedIn for BlackBerry coming soon!)
- Write a blog and use Twitter® to enlighten your colleagues back home
- Seek out BlackBerry experts for face-to-face conversations
- Talk to people with similar business needs, configurations, or strategic objectives
- Load up on free chotchkies
- Have fun!