11 Marketing Tips for the New Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones App
Start by giving customers relevant information
Businesses of all sizes are asking how to use the new Twitter® for BlackBerry Smartphones app to market their products. It is an important question because Twitter has suddenly become an essential marketing tool for many successful businesses.
- The most important tip is to be relevant to customers' wants and needs. Customers, that is, respond to information that benefits them. They want facts, not fluff. And they want honest opinions. Follow that advice, and you will go a long way.
- Monitor your mentions. The Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones app lets you see who is tweeting about your company. Smart businesses monitor mentions so they can quickly respond to customer complaints, solve problems for them, answer questions, and head off negative publicity. Positive mentions also have their advantages, as they confirm what you've done right.
- Follow your competitions' tweets—it is a great way to gather information.
- Break news, but make it relevant. Customers want to hear news about your company's products. Give them features and benefits they care about. And do tweet about sales and special offers. But no one cares about the latest employee who got promoted or the company picnic.
- Tell followers where you are or where you will be. For example, you can tell your audience about upcoming speaking events or the times and locations of hot store giveaways. The Twitter for BlackBerry app makes it easy to give updates on the go.
- Be concrete, not vague. Facts, for example, are more believable and interesting than claims like, "we are the leader." The more specific the facts—and relevant—the better.
- Speak your mind and be honest: customers will respect you for it.
- Be a subject expert in your industry. This is a proven way to gather followers and build credibility for your business. Customers will always want expert opinions.
- People love tips and tricks. Short, quick tips about how to use a product always get high responses. Tweets are limited to 140 characters, so be clear and understandable so everyone will understand what you are saying.
- Provide links to interesting or useful information. Links are another proven way to build followers. Again, be relevant to customers' wants and needs. They will thank you for it.
- WIIFM: Remember the old adage, "What's in it for me" when deciding what customers will want to hear. Answer that question, and you cannot go wrong.
no characters to spare.
How much can you say in 140?
If you do it right, you can pack tons of information into 140 characters. The nearby image shows an example.
The new Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones app
The new Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones app is available now as a free download from the Test Center in BlackBerry App World™. The app includes the features you would expect for tweeting on the go, including search, find people, mentions, direct messaging, and following. You can of course view profiles and make updates.
For further reading
“Looking for Mr. Goodtweet: How to Pick Up Followers on Twitter,” by Guy Kawasaki
For BlackBerry tips and questions, follow @BlackBerryHelp.