In part two of our roundtable discussion we cover ROI, security, and future features
Last month, members of our mobile CRM roundtable discussed the benefits of using mobile CRM, why companies are switching, and where they're seeing a return on their investment. Click here to read part one. Mobile CRM can reduce inefficiencies, keep everyone on the same page, and increase your staff's productivity in the field. In part two of our roundtable discussion, we'll see why mobile CRM is critical for organizations, talk about when you can expect to see ROI, and look into future functionality.
Which comes out on top?
Businesses with field employees have several options when it comes to mobile devices, including smartphones and ruggedized handhelds and laptops. Picking the right mobile device for your operation requires understanding the needs of your field employees and how they interact with their mobile devices. We wanted to know more about the difference between BlackBerry® smartphones and ruggedized devices, so we commissioned ABI Research to study how companies are choosing their mobile devices. Here's what we learned:
Create groups, share important files and more!
BlackBerry® Messenger offers a fast way to stay in touch with your colleagues, friends and family—and the version 5.0 update makes BlackBerry Messenger even more powerful.
- Share multiple files at once—make collaboration easy
- Allow members of your group to share their BlackBerry calendars with each other
- Send text messages to non-BlackBerry users from within the
BlackBerry Messenger application
- Create and connect with BlackBerry Groups; create separate groups for different teams you work with, assign tasks and share pictures and key dates
- Scan a user's unique bar code to easily add the person as a new contact
- Personalize with a display picture
Two Great Sites for Tips, Answers, and How-Tos
Have a specific BlackBerry-related question you want answered? Join other users at the BlackBerry Community Support Forums. There, you can pose questions to other users as well as learn new tips, tricks, and shortcuts. Are you a BlackBerry smartphone power user? Join the conversation and provide your insight. Be sure to also read all the latest news at the BlackBerry Community Post, the official forum blog.
At the official BlackBerry channel on YouTube, you can browse videos on a variety subjects, including how to change your ringtone and set up personal email. Like what you see or want to suggest a new video topic? Be sure to leave a comment.
Mac users rejoice! A Research In Motion (RIM)-developed, full-featured desktop sync application for Macs is now available. And it has a look and feel that's similar to what you see on your Mac right now. Highlights include:
- Two-way sync of contacts, calendar, tasks, iTunes® playlists and notes
- Compatibility with iTunes® for music sync
- Back up and restore functionality, including automatically scheduled backups and optional encryption
- The ability to add and remove applications
BlackBerry® Desktop Manager is the first app that gives you the ability to sync your BlackBerry smartphone with a variety of features on your Apple® computer. The app will run on Mac OS X 10.5.5 (Leopard) or higher and is available at www.blackberry.com/mac.
Simplify Bluetooth & web browsing
In this edition of the BlackBerry Connection® newsletter we show you how to connect to your Bluetooth®-enabled peripherals and provide some tips on how to personalize your browser.