Make Phone Calls Over Wi-Fi with BlackBerry Mobile Voice System 5
New feature routes phone calls over Wi-Fi networks; HA another welcome addition
Voice over Wi-Fi® Calling is perhaps the most talked about new feature in BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System 5 (BlackBerry MVS). Employees will now be able to have a single work phone number between their desk phone and BlackBerry® smartphone and make and receive enterprise calls on their BlackBerry smartphone over a Wi-Fi connection. By routing calls over the Wi-Fi network organizations can conserve cellular minutes and reduce costs.
What are the benefits for your business?
- Improve user productivity: With BlackBerry MVS 5, mobile users can give out a single phone number that will ring simultaneously at their desk phone and on their smartphone, allowing them to be more responsive to their customers and colleagues when they’re away from the office.
- Employees are more reachable: According to Gartner, up to 75% of telephone calls go to voicemail.** BlackBerry MVS 5 helps decrease voicemail volume by giving users the opportunity to answer enterprise line calls on their BlackBerry smartphone. Unanswered calls are sent to the corporate voicemail system so your users spend less time managing messages.
- Turn phone numbers into corporate assets:
- IT can maintain better control over caller identity and phone numbers.
- Whether in or out of the office, workers can provide their customers and clients with one corporate phone number where they can be reached.
- If an employee leaves the company, the organization maintains the ownership of their phone number.
- Maintain IT control over mobile phones and telecom systems: BlackBerry smartphones are authenticated to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, ensuring that only authorized persons are utilizing the features of the system or accessing services.
BlackBerry MVS 5 will be available this summer in North America and later this year outside of North America.
** Gartner: The Knowledge Worker Investment Paradox and Sage Research, TechTalk.
1 Interoperability with non-Cisco PBX systems requires 3rd party PBX manufacturers to complete interoperability testing with BlackBerry MVS.
2 Requires BlackBerry® Device Software v4.5 or later; BlackBerry Device Software v5.0 is required for Voice over Wi-Fi Calling functionality.
3 Requires BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v4.1.7 or later.