Also: Track who has completed reviewing the materials
Let's say your business has a new training module that you want all employees to complete. Do you (a) Send a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation via email, (b) Create a webpage, or (c) Push the module to employees' BlackBerry® smartphones using Chalk™ Pushcast™ Software? The answer for many businesses is increasingly (c). Find out how this distribution tool can help your organization.
We are excited to offer a preview of the new BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet, the first professional tablet. The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet was introduced at the BlackBerry Developer Conference and is loaded with features for work and play, including breathtaking multimedia, Flash support and HDMI output, as well as true multitasking. Stay tuned for future posts on the Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog and upcoming issues of BlackBerry Connection.
Topics range from the latest on enterprise trends, to new BlackBerry products for business, to interviews with Research In Motion® (RIM) experts in the mobile business space. Recent posts include:
- How I Use BBM™ for Business
- Merging Work and Play with the BlackBerry Platform
- The BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Is for Business Too!
A first-hand look at giving presentations on the go
Our vote for the most useful business accessory for your BlackBerry smartphone is BlackBerry® Presenter. With this handy device you can deliver business presentations—both Microsoft® PowerPoint® and Adobe® PDF—wirelessly from your BlackBerry smartphone.
This article details our editor's experience putting BlackBerry Presenter through its paces and the notable features and tips he discovered along the way.
Here is a quick way to help your employees become more productive with their BlackBerry smartphones: Point them to the BlackBerry Learning Series videos on the Official BlackBerry Channel on YouTube®. These short self-help videos demonstrate many BlackBerry smartphone features.
To point your employees to the videos, we have prepared a message that you can paste into an email for distribution. Note: If your organization blocks YouTube you may need to make an exception for these videos. Click here for the email.
The new BlackBerry® Wireless Headset HS-700 includes the following features:
- Talks to you: Announces the names of incoming callers1, alerts you with battery status updates, mute status, and much more.
- Listens to you: Use your voice to ask a question or give instructions. To manage your calls just say, "answer" or "ignore." You can also dial, mute, swap calls, redial, and more—hands free.
- Built to work with your BlackBerry smartphone: The headset uses your Contacts list to announce the name of your caller1, plays audio files, and announces GPS mapping turn-by-turn directions.2
- Automatic volume control conveniently adjusts the volume of your call when you're in noisy environments.
- Advanced noise-cancelling technology and dual microphones help counteract background noise wherever you are, making your conversations feel and sound more natural.
1 Requires a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry® Device Software 6.0 or later.
2 Requires compatible third-party, location-based services application on smartphone.
Get your most important information from virtually any location
Sure your BlackBerry smartphone connects seamlessly with your work email, contacts, and calendar. But how can you access your personal information? Or what if your business relies on Gmail for work? Simple: Set it up to automatically sync your Google® Gmail, contact list, and calendar across your BlackBerry smartphone and home and work computers.
BlackBerry smartphones are renowned for their long-lasting battery life, but even so you can take several concrete and easy steps to noticeably squeeze more time from your battery. Follow these tips—especially when traveling.