Why it pays to standardize and simplify
As an IT administrator what should you do to help your organization benefit the most from the mobile revolution? This guide offers ideas in three areas: lowering costs, maximizing benefits, and mapping a strategy.
Here's an easy way to help cut down BlackBerry® smartphone support calls: Point your BlackBerry users to the new BlackBerry® Learning Series videos on the Official BlackBerry® Channel on YouTube®. These short self-help videos demonstrate many BlackBerry smartphone features. By watching, your users can answer many of their own questions—without calling IT for support.
To point your users to the videos, we have prepared a message that you can paste into an email for distribution. Note: If your organization blocks YouTube you may need to make an exception for these videos. Click here for the email.
The new BlackBerry® Wireless Headset HS-700 includes the following features:
- Voice prompts announce the names of incoming callers1, alert you with battery status updates, mute status, and much more.
- Use the sound of your voice to ask a question or give instructions. To manage your calls just say, "answer" or "ignore." You can also dial, mute, swap calls, redial, and more—hands free.
- Built to work with your BlackBerry smartphone: The headset uses your Contacts list to announce the name of your caller1, plays audio files, and announces GPS mapping turn-by-turn directions.2
- Automatic volume control conveniently adjusts the volume of your call when you're in noisy environments.
- Advanced noise-cancelling technology and dual microphones help counteract background noise wherever you are, making your conversations feel and sound more natural.
1 Requires a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry® Device Software 6.0 or later.
2 Requires compatible third-party, location-based services application on smartphone.
Tell us what you think and receive a gift from BlackBerry!
We want to hear how we're doing directly from BlackBerry customers like you. Now is your chance to tell us what you really think at the Gartner ITxpo October 18–21 in Orlando, Florida. Every participant receives a free BlackBerry gift! Can't attend? Pass this article on to your attending colleagues.
And remember to stop by the BlackBerry booth and partner pavilion to get the latest about BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System, Chalk® Pushcast™ Software, BlackBerry enterprise apps, and more.
Follow these tips if you plan to implement Microsoft® Exchange 2010, which is now supported with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 Service Pack 1, Maintenance Release 1 (MR1).