The biggest BlackBerry conference of the year is in Orlando May 5–7
Choose from more than 125 sessions, including more than 23 about BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5.0. At WES, you can collaborate with IT professionals, CIOs and other colleagues; learn about best practices for your BlackBerry® solution; and get a first look at BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5.0. The deadline is fast approaching, but it’s still not too late to register online for Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2009.
Here's just a sampling from the more than 125 sessions that will be offered this year:
- Customer Panel–An Inside Look at BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 5.0
- Best Practices for Measuring Your BlackBerry Enterprise Server Performance
- Is Unified Communications and Fixed-Mobile Convergence Right for You?
- High Availability for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server–Up Close and Interactive
- Who's Who? Classifying Your Employees' Mobile Requirements
- Mobile ROI: The Trends, Facts and Fiction
- Modern Healthcare and Mobility
- Coding Shortcuts: Custom Application Development for Multiple BlackBerry® Operating Systems
The BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 5.0 launch is just weeks away! We've met with the product experts to create a series of articles about new features, migration planning, manageability, and other topics to help you prepare for the transition. Here, we cover the areas that will see the most significant new features in version 5.0: manageability, reliability and high availability.
BlackBerry® App World™ is your one-stop shop for BlackBerry® smartphone apps. At BlackBerry App World, you can search for, learn about, download, and rate BlackBerry® smartphone applications. In this issue of BlackBerry® Connection®, we take you on a tour of BlackBerry App World and feature some releases.
Your company can now make upgrading to new BlackBerry® smartphones more affordable. By taking advantage of the BlackBerry Trade Up program, you can return corporate smartphones in bulk and receive money back, reducing the cost of acquiring new devices. Additionally, all smartphones traded in will be processed at a Research In Motion-licensed facility and be cleared of corporate data.
If you wish, you can have your company's smartphones recycled rather than refurbished and resold. While there is no trade-in value for recycled phones, your company will be spared the expense of disposing of the handsets on your own.
To ensure that your trade up runs smoothly, the program also offers dedicated corporate support during every step of the transaction. To learn more about the program, go to http://blackberryconnection.flipswap.com/.
New Service Pack Release
BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 Service Pack 6 Maintenance Release 3 for Novell® GroupWise® is now available for download. Visit http://www.blackberry.com/go/serverdownloads to access the software update, documentation, and additional information.
New and popular documents in the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center:
How to import IT Policy rules for BlackBerry App World
Requires BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software versions 4.0 or later.
- Perform a web-based BlackBerry® Device Software update
- How to set up Bluetooth® connectivity with BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
- BlackBerry® Technical Support Services Receive 24x7 technical support and software maintenance direct from the manufacturer with an annual support subscription from Research In Motion (RIM).
- BlackBerry Training Improve efficiency and productivity in your organization with advanced BlackBerry Training courses—for both BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrators and BlackBerry smartphone users.
- BlackBerry Professional Services Optimally deploy wireless technology within your organization with expertise and guidance from a dedicated team of professional services consultants from RIM.
- BlackBerry Technical Solution Center Your portal for the latest troubleshooting, knowledge base articles and Technical Support Services information.
- RSS Sign up for RSS Feeds from the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center to receive the latest support articles, alerts and software release notes.
- Official BlackBerry® Support Community Forums Plug into a worldwide knowledge-sharing community and connect with other BlackBerry users to troubleshoot, ask questions, share product reviews and more.
* Offers subject to change without notice. Please check offer details for more information. Void where prohibited. Check with service provider for availability, roaming arrangements and service plans. Certain features outlined in this document require a minimum version of BlackBerry Enterprise Server software, BlackBerry Desktop Software, BlackBerry Device Software and/or BlackBerry devices and may require additional development or third party products and/or services for access to corporate applications. Prior to subscribing to or implementing any third party products and services, it is your responsibility to ensure that the airtime service provider you are working with has agreed to support all of the features of the third party products and services. Installation and use of third party products and services with Research In Motion's ("RIM") products and services may require one or more patent, trademark or copyright licenses in order to avoid infringement of the intellectual property rights of others. You are solely responsible for determining whether such third party licenses are required and are responsible for acquiring any such licenses. To the extent that such intellectual property licenses may be required, RIM expressly recommends that you do not install or use these products and services until all such applicable licenses have been acquired by you or on your behalf. Your use of third party software shall be governed by and subject to you agreeing to the terms of separate software licenses, if any, for those products or services. Any third party products or services that are provided with RIM products and services are provided "as is." RIM makes no representation, warranty or guarantee whatsoever in relation to the third party products or services and RIM assumes no liability whatsoever in relation to the third party products and services, even if RIM has been advised of the possibility of such damages or can anticipate such damages.
The above information regarding third party products and services is provided in BlackBerry Connection for your information. Since third parties provide the information to Research In Motion Limited ("RIM") and RIM relies on the information without performing any independent investigations, RIM makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the features, reliability, or pricing of the third party products or services, or their compatibility with any RIM products.
© 2009 Research In Motion Limited. All Rights Reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion®, SureType®, SurePress™ and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.