Security and Management Features of BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 SP 5
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v4.1 Service Pack 5 gives you enhanced security features like: encrypted attachment viewing with S/MIME or PGP®, increased control over GPS and Bluetooth®, and includes BlackBerry® Monitoring Service.
Enhanced Security and Control
Security remains at the forefront of BlackBerry Enterprise Server software, with over 400 IT policy settings and controls to give administrators maximum control and flexibility. Here are the latest enhancements to bolster the security and control of your BlackBerry deployment:
- Encrypted Attachment Viewing1 – Users can view attachments within encrypted PGP and S/MIME messages.
- Increased Control over GPS1 – Control which applications access GPS functionality on BlackBerry smartphones.
- Increased Bluetooth® Controls1 – Enable or disable certain Bluetooth profiles as well as set the allowable 'discoverable time.'
High Availability with BlackBerry® Monitoring Service2
BlackBerry® Monitoring Service enables high availability of your BlackBerry infrastructure with automated, 24x7 monitoring and alerts and rich reporting.
- Configurable-threshold monitoring catches issues in advance – Continuous monitoring on the status of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server alerts administrators to events that may cause outages. Monitoring occurs at server-level, user-level and connection-level values, with email and SMS notification options.
- Reporting captures critical system and user performance stats – Server and handheld statistics are captured, with detailed trending and chart analysis, for better analysis, optimization and performance tuning of your BlackBerry solution.
- Increases IT efficiency – Narrowly defines issues related to BlackBerry deployments that must be manually performed.
- Enables Help Desk support – Provides visibility into potential BlackBerry issues that may require additional troubleshooting, with a unified view for information on both servers and users.
- Reduces costs – Automated monitoring and standardized 24x7 checks of your BlackBerry deployment frees IT staff from performing checks manually.
More Time-Saving Features:
Over-the-Air Smartphone Software Upgrades3 – Enables wireless updates of BlackBerry smartphone software. A fast, cost-effective method for remotely supporting users and managing BlackBerry smartphone software lifecycles.
BlackBerry® Web Desktop Manager – This web-based version of the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager provides administrators an additional way to deploy and manage BlackBerry smartphones, reducing administrative costs.
Learn more about BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager »
How to Upgrade
If you own BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 for Microsoft Exchange or IBM® Lotus® Domino® it’s FREE: Download here »
If you own BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0 or earlier:
- US and Canadian customers can purchase direct at the BlackBerry Store [US, Canada] »
- All other regions please contact your wireless carrier
- Call BlackBerry Inside Sales at 1-800-327-9085
Included as part of a Technical Support Services subscription: Offer details »
To learn more about the latest release of the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution:
- What's New with BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 SP 5
- View the BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 Service Pack 5 webcast:
- What’s New in BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v4.1 with Service Pack 5 for IBM® Lotus® Domino®
- What’s New in BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v4.1 with Service Pack 5 for Microsoft® Exchange®