Understanding the difference between monitoring and troubleshooting
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v5.0 includes a host of new monitoring and reliability features, but there are still many reasons for companies to consider third-party monitoring systems. Learn about what these solutions have to offer—and the cost of not proactively monitoring your deployment. To find out why you might want a proactive monitoring solution,
FREE online event for BlackBerry admins, developers, and CIOs
The BlackBerry Technical Seminar 2009 is a free online event that will improve your technical know-how of the BlackBerry® solution. By registering, you can take sessions from any of the three seminar tracks designed by and for administrators, developers and CIOs.
- Get your technical questions answered by experts from Research In Motion (RIM)
- Learn about new resources that will help administrators find and use BlackBerry solution information
- Tour the Exhibit Hall, which features BlackBerry Alliance Member solutions
- Watch keynote speakers, webcasts, and Q&As by voice and chat
- Discover what you can do now with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v5.0
- New! Dedicated seminar track for IT professionals in Latin America
BlackBerry Technical Seminar 2009 takes place on December 3, 2009 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Create groups, share important files and more!
BlackBerry® Messenger offers a fast way to stay in touch with your colleagues, friends and family—and the version 5.0 update makes BlackBerry Messenger even more powerful.
- Share multiple files at once—make collaboration easy
- Allow members of your group to share their BlackBerry calendars with each other
- Send text messages from within the BlackBerry Messenger application
- Create and connect with BlackBerry® Groups; create separate groups for different teams you work with, assign tasks and share pictures and key dates
- Scan bar codes to quickly add new contacts
- Personalize with a display picture
Two Great Sites for Tips, Answers, and How-Tos
Whether your BlackBerry deployment is 5 or 500 smartphones, the BlackBerry Community Support Forums members are there to help, 24x7. Need to find someone with a similar network configuration to trade tips with? Jump on the forums, ask the community members—or even help an IT colleague in need!
Do end users come to you with questions about how to perform basic functions on their BlackBerry smartphones, such as change a ring tone or set up personal email? Send them to the new BlackBerry channel on YouTube. There, they'll be able to watch how-to videos on a growing collection of topics that will teach them to complete a variety of tasks on their own.
Mac users rejoice! A Research In Motion (RIM)—developed, full-featured desktop sync application for Macs is now available. And it has a look and feel that’s similar to what you see on your Mac right now. Highlights include:
- Two-way sync of contacts, calendar, tasks, iTunes® playlists and notes
- Compatibility with iTunes for music sync
- Back up and restore functionality, including automatically scheduled backups and optional encryption
- The ability to add and remove applications
BlackBerry Desktop Manager is the first app that gives you the ability to sync your BlackBerry smartphone with a variety of features on your Apple® computer. The app will run on Mac OS X 10.5.5 (Leopard) or higher and is available at www.blackberry.com/mac.
SRP Number Look Up
You might need to look up a Server Routing Protocol (SRP) number for a number of reasons, including to determine connectivity for BlackBerry Enterprise Server, confirm a BlackBerry smartphone user’s routing information, or upgrade to BlackBerry Enterprise Server software v5.0.