BlackBerry Device Software v5.0 Now Widely Available
Put it to work for your team for free!
Give your BlackBerry® smartphone users more features, including email flagging, appointment forwarding, and remote file access with BlackBerry® Device Software v5.0. While your users with newer phones likely already have BlackBerry Device Software v5.0 installed, it is now available at most North American carriers for general download (check with your carrier for current availability). Updating is easy, and the download is free1!
These are just a few of the enhanced features of BlackBerry Device Software v5.0 that keep your BlackBerry smartphones performing at their best. (Note that many of these features require BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v5.0.)
- Find, open, and edit local and remote files using the Files application: You can open, view, edit, save, or email your JPEG, Adobe® PDF, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel® and Microsoft® PowerPoint® files directly from your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Flag emails and manage mail folders: Apply different colors, assign due dates, set reminders and more, so you can easily stay on top of all your important email messages. Adding, removing, or renaming a folder can help make managing your email messages a piece of cake.
- Open attachments from your calendar: Just as you would from an email message, you can open some of the most popular document and graphic attachments from calendar entries like JPEG, Adobe® PDF, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel® and Microsoft® PowerPoint® files.
- Threaded SMS messages keep the conversation flowing: When you’re sending SMS text messages back and forth with friends and family, a chat-like look and feel makes your conversations even easier to follow. Plus, with a dedicated emoticon button for those fun-to-use faces, personal display pictures, and the ability to send a SMS text message with the press of the Enter key, you can enjoy all the things you love about texting on your BlackBerry smartphone.
- BlackBerry Maps Display: Access maps, zoom in for a closer look, and plan your route faster than you could before. You can also place your cursor over an unlabeled street to make the name pop up. Whether you recently searched for the quickest route to the big game, or it’s been a while and you can't quite remember which exit to take to get to the annual family barbeque, you can easily refresh your memory by viewing your previously searched locations.
BlackBerry Device Software v5.0 supports the following smartphones:
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8350i smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Storm™ 9530 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Storm2™ 9550 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone
Dependent on carrier availability, please check with your wireless service provider.
HOW TO DEPLOY TO YOUR USERS
You have six options for updating your users to BlackBerry Device Software v5.0, broadly divided into three options for pushing updates and three options for user self-service. (Click the links for more information.)
IT push options
Option 1: Update the BlackBerry Device Software over the wireless network: You can use this option if you want to update BlackBerry Device Software on BlackBerry smartphones without requiring that users connect their BlackBerry smartphones to their computers, and if the wireless network in your organization's environment permits the use of additional bandwidth. Users respond to UI prompts to complete the BlackBerry Device Software update.
Option 2: Update the BlackBerry Device Software at a central computer: You can use this option if you want to update the BlackBerry Device Software for users using the BlackBerry Administration Service.
Option 3: Push the BlackBerry Device Software and BlackBerry Desktop Software to users' computers: You can use this option if you want to update the BlackBerry Device Software and BlackBerry Desktop Software simultaneously.
User self-service options
Option 1: Permit users to update the BlackBerry Device Software using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software: You can use this option if users have installed the BlackBerry Desktop Software on their computers. If you permit users to use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to update the BlackBerry Device Software, they can update the BlackBerry Desktop Software simultaneously.
Option 2: Permit users to update the BlackBerry Device Software using the BlackBerry® Web Desktop Manager: If your users are familiar with BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager, why not let them do the update themselves?
Option 3: Permit users to update the BlackBerry Device Software using the application loader tool: You can use this option if you want users to update the BlackBerry Device Software themselves, you do not want users to install the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and do not mind that users use a command prompt window to update the BlackBerry Device Software.
1. BlackBerry® Device Software v.5.0 is available at no charge to the user subject to applicable licensing terms. Check with your service provider to determine costs that may be associated with downloading and using the software.