The benefits of a dual BlackBerry environment are impossible to ignore
It now makes sense for most organizations to create a dual BlackBerry® environment and move at least some users to BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express—a free, slimmed-down version of its larger cousin. The extra effort is minimal, the essential features and security are nearly identical, and the benefits are impossible to ignore.
Meet, greet, and network with the experts September 27–30 in San Francisco
Thousands of the world's most enthusiastic developers, BlackBerry experts, and Research In Motion® (RIM) partners will converge on the BlackBerry Developer Conference in San Francisco September 27–30. It's the place to get technical, code-driven information, experience new tools and technologies, and find the inspiration to go further with mobile applications than you ever imagined possible. This conference is packed with information for both corporate in-house and standalone BlackBerry developers.
Early bird rate: Register by August 6 to save $200 off the regular conference rate.
BlackBerry 6, the full keyboard, and a high-res touch screen mark this as a major innovation
“I love my keyboard,” is the near-universal response when you ask a BlackBerry® smartphone owner what they love about their device. That is typically followed by, “Never take it away from me.” Such devotion is easy to understand: a full keyboard is faster for typing, something which BlackBerry smartphone users do quite a bit.
But today's smartphones have another beloved feature: high-res touch screens that let you gesture your way around apps and the web. Now you do not need to choose between the two. The new BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone delivers the best of both worlds—full QWERTY keyboard and brilliant touch screen—without compromise.
Put it to work for your team for free!
Give your BlackBerry smartphone users more features, including email flagging, appointment forwarding, and remote file access with BlackBerry Device Software v5.0. While your users with newer phones likely already have BlackBerry Device Software v5.0 installed, it is now available at most North American carriers for general download (check with your carrier for current availability). Updating is easy, and the download is free1!
Help mobile workers access the information and expertise needed to remain productive while on the go
IBM® Lotus® Connections™ is social networking software that includes Profiles, Communities, Blogs, Bookmarks, and Activities components. The BlackBerry® Client for IBM® Lotus® Connections™ lets mobile professionals access the productivity and collaboration features of IBM Lotus Connections from their BlackBerry smartphones.
Top features include:
- Home page: View Top Updates, Discover, and Saved Stories items, filter results by Connections component, and have Top Updates pushed to your BlackBerry smartphone with notifications
- Profiles: View your colleagues' profile information, post status updates, comment on your colleagues' status, view your and your colleagues' Connections Networks, and send or accept network invitations
- Communities: View community details, members, and bookmarks
- Bookmarks: Create, view, search for, and open bookmarks
- Activities: View activities, sections, entries, and to dos
- Blogs: Read and compose blog entries
The newest version of BlackBerry® Media Sync is out and packed with new features. Media Sync 6.0 will now be integrated into BlackBerry® Desktop Software; no need to install and launch a separate application.
On top of continued support of iTunes® & Windows Media Player music sync and 2-way photo sync, PC users can now take advantage of the following enhancements:
- Greater music sync options: In addition to playlists, customers can also sync by selecting individual artists or genres from their iTunes or Windows Media Player music library
- Two-way video sync: Easy PC to BlackBerry Import so that you can take your favorite videos with you everywhere. Also easy BlackBerry to PC transfer, so videos taken with and saved on your BlackBerry smartphone can be backed up on your PC for safe keeping and/or editing.
- Wi-Fi music sync: For devices supporting BlackBerry® 6 OS, enjoy access to your entire home desktop music library directly from your BlackBerry smartphone. You can create and edit remote playlists and add remote music to your desktop queue to sync on your next Home Wi-Fi® (or USB) connection to Media Sync.
The peace of mind from High Availability (HA) is a built-in feature of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. This month's admin tip illustrates how proactive administrators can optimize HA's power, flexibility, and configurability to keep their BlackBerry environment up and running.