Do You Yahoo!?
BlackBerry Internet Solution keeps getting better and better!
Research In Motion (RIM) is working closely with some of the top mail and chat providers around the globe to improve the email and instant messaging experience on BlackBerry® devices. Though the actual experience will vary by provider, some improvements may include:
- Enhanced integration with email accounts: messages marked on the BlackBerry device as 'read' 'deleted' or 'sent' are automatically updated online/in the user's mailbox.
- Premium subscription waived: some mail providers who require a premium subscription for wireless access to mail will waive it for BlackBerry subscribers.
- Instant messaging communities: the familiar features of the desktop instant messaging experience, including login management, contact management, simultaneous conversations and even multi-user chats and emoticons are carried over wirelessly into the BlackBerry experience.
Do you Yahoo!?
Read on to see an example of how Yahoo!® Inc. and Research In Motion have teamed up to bring Yahoo! services to BlackBerry users around the world, including enhanced integration with Yahoo! Mail accounts and Yahoo! Messenger.
BlackBerry Internet Service™ v2.0 users now have even more flexibility to manage their email accounts while they are on the move. You can receive email messages sent to your Yahoo! Mail accounts in real time, with no delays and enjoy access to other important features on your wireless device, including sent and deleted item review and read/unread message status.
Be sure to check with your network service provider if web site has been upgraded to BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0. If not, find out when the upgrade will occur.
Once your network service provider has upgraded to BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0 web site URL provided by your network service provider. (If you are asked to upgrade your account to BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0, follow the instructions.)
- Already have a Yahoo! email account set up with your BlackBerry device? Go to the BlackBerry Internet Service web site, delete the Yahoo! mail account and reintegrate the account. If you don't, just integrate the account using the BlackBerry Internet Service web site.
Yahoo! Messenger makes it easy to send and receive instant messages with friends, family and colleagues from your desktop. Now BlackBerry users with a Yahoo! ID can enjoy the same experience, while they are on the go.
Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry devices allows you to access your existing Yahoo! Messenger Contact List and add additional contacts from the Yahoo! Community. You can send and receive messages in real time, see which contacts are online and available and even participate in several conversations at once.
And those are just some of the features.
To download the Yahoo! Messenger application onto your BlackBerry device visit www.blackberry.com/YahooDownload
Yahoo! Messenger is also available to BlackBerry users in French, Italian, German, Spanish or Chinese!*
*Yahoo! Messenger and Yahoo! Mail designed for BlackBerry devices, is currently available to Carriers in the following countries: Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, The Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, UK, Uruguay, US and Venezuela