2007 Calendar Patch
In BlackBerry® Device Software v4.2.2, the organization of calendar data is assigned to a location that is not accessible by the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager. Additionally, when the BlackBerry smartphone is set to wirelessly synchronize with two or more separate calendars, duplication may occur and reminders for certain calendar appointments may not display. A calendar patch has been developed to address these issues.
- KB13420 Reminder notifications for calendar appointments may not display on the BlackBerry smartphone
- Cause: The reminder manager is unable to find the appointment to remind the BlackBerry smartphone user.
- Note: This issue also affects BlackBerry smartphones that are using the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server and that contain a BlackBerry® Internet Service [CICAL] service book on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- KB13419 Unable to synchronize calendar with duplicate entries from a BlackBerry Internet Service integration
- Cause: The first BlackBerry Internet Service CICAL service book sent inherits the appointments from the base system calendar (calendar appointments which were created before any calendar service books were sent to the BlackBerry smartphone). The last BlackBerry Internet Service CICAL service book sent to the BlackBerry smartphone will be the default calendar.
- This issue does not affect BlackBerry smartphone users that are associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or only have one email account integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service.
- Appointments created before the last BlackBerry Internet Service CICAL service book was sent will be affected.
- New appointments created after the last BlackBerry Internet Service CICAL service book is sent will not be affected and will work as expected.
- KB13330 Calendar entries created on the BlackBerry smartphone will not synchronize to the email application when performing a wired synchronization
- Cause: All Calendar entries are saved to the base system calendar of a BlackBerry smartphone that is not activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Entries in the base system calendar are only recognized by the Calendar application on the BlackBerry smartphone; therefore, any external application (Backup and Restore, Intellisync®, PocketMac® for BlackBerry® smartphones, etc.) will not recognize the Calendar entries.
- The Number of Entries in the calendar options shows the number of calendar entries in the service calendar (BlackBerry Enterprise Server).
How to prepare for the 2007 Calendar Patch upgrade
|Are you a BlackBerry smartphone user?||Are you an IT Administrator?|
|Please review the resolutions for individual users||If your corporate environment supports BlackBerry Internet Service integration, please review the directions for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Push and validate that the patch has been pushed out successfully|