DST 2007 Patches for BlackBerry Devices
Are you a BlackBerry User?
NOTE: Aliant, Sasktel, and MTS subscribers using Blackberry 7250 devices need to carefully read this page before taking any action.
View the list of currently patched software versions. As more versions are patched this table will be updated appropriately. Note: Patches are not available for Beta software.
IMPORTANT: New patches have been posted for software versions prior to v4.0.0, but those earlier than v3.8.0 are ONLY available for loading via USB at this time. For more information, please view the list of supported software versions. Patches for versions not presently supported are targeted for release in the near future; please check back frequently for details.
To apply the Daylight Saving Time patch to your BlackBerry device using USB please reference the following system requirements and follow these steps.
- System Requirements:
- Requires a USB-enabled BlackBerry Device
- Windows 2000 or higher Operating System
- Local Administrator rights
- Temporarily allow popups
- BlackBerry device running v4.0.0 software or higher
- To Apply the Patch:
- It is recommended that you back up your BlackBerry using the Backup and Restore function in Desktop Manager. Learn more about backing up your device
- Close the BlackBerry Desktop Software if it is running on your PC.
- Disconnect your BlackBerry Device from your PC. You'll be prompted to reconnect it with the USB cable.
- Go to DST Patch Loader. Note: If Internet Explorer or your Device stops responding please view KB12188.
- A reset may be required and it will usually take up to 15-20 minutes.
- Once the patch is applied you can view the status of the patch in Options-2007 DST Patch.
- Daylight Saving Time patches are available for all BlackBerry devices running version 4.0.0 or newer device software and select pre-4.0 device software versions. View the full list of available patches for more information. If your device is running an unsupported version please refer to your wireless carrier support site to retrieve the latest software for your device. Alternately, a BlackBerry device upgrade program is available for US and Canada ONLY.
- The Daylight Saving Time patch to the BlackBerry software is licensed to you on the same terms and conditions as those under which the BlackBerry software was originally licensed to you.
Are you an IT Administrator?
NOTE: If you are an IT Administrator on the Aliant, Sasktel, and MTS network, it is critical that you do not push out the DST patch to your 7250 subscribers before first carefully reading this page.
- If you would like to wirelessly push this patch to your BlackBerry users, please download the following files:
- UPDATE: Patch Manager v2.5 now available!
- Patch Manager v2.5 Release Notes (PDF)
- An MSI version of the USB-based 2007 DST patch loader is also available. Note: this tool requires an internet connection on the computer it is run on to www.BlackBerry.com/dst2007 to access the patches.
- DST2007 Query Tool v184.108.40.206 (for IT Administrators who would like to analyze their BlackBerry Enterprise Server users to see statistics related to the DST upgrade process).
- DST2007 Query Tool v220.127.116.11 Release Notes (PDF)
- NEW! DST Repair Tool (for IT Administrators who would like to analyze/repair users who have upgraded from Gold 4.2.0/BETA 4.2.1 software to Gold 4.2.1 Software on a pre-4.1.3 or pre-4.0.6 BlackBerry Enterprise Server).
- NEW! DST Repair Tool Release Notes (PDF)
- Note: A reset may be required after the patch is applied and it will usually take up to 15-20 minutes.
- Note: If you have already successfully deployed the patch with patch manager v1.5 or v2.2 then you do not need to use v2.3 unless any of the issues in the releases notes are deemed critical to your deployment.
- Note: In DST 2007 Query tool Version 18.104.22.168, if you use the -invokesync parameter when you run the DST 2007 Query tool, you must restart the BlackBerry Synchronization Service.
- Key Reference Documents
- BlackBerry DST Troubleshooting: Updating Your BlackBerry Environment to Support DST 2007
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server Admin Application Push Reference Document: Deploying DST 2007 Update
- Relevant Knowledge Base articles
- KB12016: Assign DST upgrades wirelessly to BlackBerry devices
- KB04508: Support - Reset BlackBerry device during application upgrade
- KB04763: Failed to write access to the package cache path
|INSTRUCTIONS FOR BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER v4.0.x|
|INSTRUCTIONS FOR BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER v4.1.x|