BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Lotus Domino
Apply the appropriate configuration updates and patches before the first 2007 Daylight Saving Time (DST) transition on March 11 2007. You do not have to simultaneously apply the updates and patches to BlackBerry® devices and the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, but all patches should be rolled out before the transition date. You can apply the updates as soon as they are available.
Software Update Instructions
Use the following list to help create a deployment plan for implementing the DST 2007 changes in your IBM Lotus Domino and BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Lotus Domino environment. Although the following tasks mention specific pages within Updating your BlackBerry Environment to Support DST 2007 Changes (PDF), it is strongly recommended that you read the entire document.
- Create a project plan for your organization that includes all the actions you need to take to update your environment to support DST 2007 changes. Use this list and the information available on this website as a starting point. Consider creating instructions for your help desk to assist users applying the RIM DST 2007 patch.
- Update the Microsoft Windows Server that is running the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. (Page 4)
- Apply any Operating System updates the mail platform is running on. (Page 4)
- Update the Microsoft Windows clients. (Page 5)
- Update the BlackBerry devices using one of the following methods:
- Apply the appropriate BlackBerry Enterprise Server update. See below to view which updates are required. Please note: There are currently no fixes planned for version 4.0 SP5 and earlier.
- Set the notes.ini file to use the Microsoft Windows time zones.
WARNING: You must update the Microsoft Windows Server that is running the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and the IBM Lotus Domino Server before you can set the notes.ini file to use the Microsoft Windows time zones.
- Optional: On a regular basis, use the DST 2007 Query tool (Page 11) to confirm that the RIM DST 2007 update has been installed successfully on BlackBerry devices. You can run the DST 2007 Query tool as frequently as you like.
- Optional: Review the output from the DST 2007 Query tool. Consider sending an email message reminding users who have not applied the RIM DST 2007 patch successfully to their BlackBerry devices that an update is required.
- Optional: Confirm that other updates to the environment have been completed successfully.
- Determine if Microsoft Windows has been updated correctly (Page 9)
- Determine if IBM Lotus Domino and IBM Lotus Notes have been updated correctly (Page 10)
- Determine if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Lotus Domino has been updated correctly (Page 10)
- Optional: After your BlackBerry, IBM, and Microsoft environments have been updated successfully, run the IBM Lotus scripts.
WARNING: Do not run the IBM Lotus scripts before your environment has been updated.
Please read Technote 1254639 on IBM's site for more information.
- Optional: Encourage users to confirm that appointments appear correctly in their calendars. If appointments do not appear correctly, instruct users to reschedule the appointments and send updates to appointment attendees.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0.6
IMPORTANT! RIM has provided a hot fix (Hot Fix #4) for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Domino 4.0.6 that must be applied.
- Download v4.0.6 hot fix
- View release notes (PDF)
- If you have previously installed Hot Fix #3 for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Domino 4.0.6, please see SDR 121106 (PDF) for important information. We strongly recommend that you upgrade to Hot Fix #4.
Note: Blackberry Enterprise Server Resource Kit v4.0.5 has been tested and certified to work against BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0.6. There are currently no hot fixes planned for BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0.5 or earlier (including v2.2). Read more about the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Resource Kit.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 SP1 and v4.1 SP2
- RIM has provided a hot fix for BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 SP1 and v4.1 SP2 to update the internal DST table in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. These hot fixes have been released as 4.1 SP1 Hot Fix 3 and 4.1 SP2 Hot Fix 3.
- Download v4.1 hot fixes