Reload PRIV Software
If your BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone stops responding, and cannot be recovered after reviewing KB37603 please reload your OS using the steps below.
NOTE: Reloading your OS using the steps below will erase your device memory completely so please review KB37585 What data is backed up to my Google account before proceeding further.
WARNING: Factory Reset Protection may be enabled on the device. If this is the case you will be required to sign in using the original Google account. For more detail please review KB37610 Using Factory Reset Protection (FRP) on the BlackBerry device powered by Android.
1. Install the USB Drivers for Windows, or Mac OS X located here.
2. Download the correct zip file for your device version from the tables below:
|Device Purchased From||Software Version||Link to Autoloader zip file||SHA-Hash files|
|STV100-1, STV100-2, STV100-3 & STV100-4
Use this if you bought your device direct from BlackBerry or through a carrier other than those listed below.
|South Korea – STV100-3
|T-Mobile US - STV100-1||AAW068||Download||shasum 256
|AT&T - STV100-1||AAQ289||Download||shasum 256
|Verizon - STV100-2||AAV985||Download||shasum 256
*If you did not purchase your smartphone from one of the carriers listed above use the Non US Carrier OS file.
3. The included SHA-hash file can be used to verify the OS file using instructions in KB38007 How to use SHA-hash to verify a downloaded BlackBerry powered by Android OS image.
4. Open and extract the OS file you have downloaded
5. Run the autoloader file using the instructions found in KB38083 How to reload the BlackBerry powered by Android OS.
Note: After installing any of the OS files, any applicable OS updates will be downloaded, and installed after smartphone is reloaded successfully using the steps above.
Still Having Difficulties?
Technical support may be included for your smartphone
Get help from the experts at BlackBerry using the contact methods provided here.