Situational awareness is knowing where you are and what is going on around you, allowing individuals and organizations to be more alert and informed and to make better decisions. For organizations, this includes awareness about personnel location and assigned duties, the environment, and any potential risks.
Why is it important?
Situational awareness allows organization leaders to make informed decisions and give smart instructions, to help protect people and property. It can be instrumental in safe crisis management, navigating emergency situations, event reporting for informed field assessment and creating efficient workflows.
How can situational awareness be achieved?
Software like BlackBerry® AtHoc® empowers every person in your organization to report events and status using geotagged, multimedia information – from the field. Employees become the eyes and ears of your organization.
How does BlackBerry support situational awareness?
AtHoc® Collect enables you to gather critical information from your people to achieve situational awareness. Organizations use AtHoc Collect in various ways. Examples include:
- In the aftermath of a natural disaster, a damage assessment team reports and submits images directly from the scene, streamlining recovery efforts
- A security patrol officer reports a breach in the perimeter fence, with exact location and photos, enabling rapid assessment and response
AtHoc Collect key features let you successfully:
- Report events using rich media
- Track locations
- View and manage field reports
- Protect personnel with a smart alarm
Learn about Emergency Notification Solutions