Last Updated: January 1, 2023
This notice describes the types of Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies (“Cookies”) that BlackBerry Limited and its subsidiary companies (“BlackBerry,” “we,” “our” or “us”) uses on our websites.
What are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your web browser to store on your computer or mobile device. Cookies allow a website to identify a user's device whenever that user returns to the website and are commonly used to make websites work more efficiently and enrich the user experience, as well as to provide information about your use of the site.
Cookies may be placed on your computer or mobile device by BlackBerry and other vendors on our behalf.
You may use BlackBerry’s Privacy Preference Center to find out more about the cookies we use and manage your decision about Cookies set on your device by BlackBerry.
- Operate a secure website to provide a reliable user experience;
- Allow you to login to view content on secure areas of our websites;
- Collect statistics regarding your website usage, such as time spent, pages viewed, and actions taken on our websites;
- Allow us to measure and improve the effectiveness of our marketing activities; and
- Deliver advertising about our products and services to you when you visit websites owned by other third-parties.
What types of Cookies does BlackBerry use?
BlackBerry uses the following types of Cookies on our websites:
- Strictly Necessary: These Cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work. These Cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Functionality: These Cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these Cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance: These Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these Cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Targeting: These Cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
How can I manage Cookies?
Most current browsers allow you to manage cookies stored on your computer. You may choose to reject all cookies, but this may result in our website not being accessible or having degraded functionality.
- You may use BlackBerry’s Privacy Preference Center to manage your decisions about Cookies set on your device by BlackBerry.
- Remove or block browser Cookies using the settings in your browser, but that may impact your ability to use certain BlackBerry Offerings as they may not function properly with Cookies disabled.
- Depending on your location, you can opt-out directly across different third-party advertising networks, e.g
Get more information
To learn more about Cookies, including behavioral advertising, refer to one of these online resources:
- All About Cookies www.allaboutcookies.org
- Internet Advertising Bureau www.youronlinechoices.com