A Modern Alternative to VPN and VDI
With a growing number of employees using their own desktops and laptops for work, organizations are looking to ensure business continuity, and enable secure access to corporate on-premises or cloud resources on Windows® 10 and macOS® devices.
Your organization can deploy and enable a wide range of business tools such as web apps and corporate intranets, and even allow offline access to core tools on personally owned or non-corporate managed devices. BlackBerry® offers a containerized environment that enables employee productivity, without the complexities and high costs of traditional VPNs or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Email, calendar and contacts
- Microsoft Office® 365 apps
- Intranet sites
- Cloud-based business apps
- File sharing
Secure Access to Apps and Files on Windows 10 and macOS
BlackBerry® Digital Workplace allows employees, contractors and remote workers to securely access behind-the-firewall content anytime, from any device of their choice. There’s no need to manage devices—managing the browser is all it takes. It combines the following:
- BlackBerry Desktop offers an easy single sign-on experience with secure access to email, intranets, servers, apps and files on a Windows® 10 or macOS® device. It includes BlackBerry Access and BlackBerry Work.
- CylancePROTECT® uses AI to block malware infections, with additional security controls that safeguard against script-based, fileless, memory and external device-based attacks.
- Awingu is a browser-based workspace that enables access to Windows and Linux apps, desktops, corporate intranets, and SaaS and file shares.
- Secure document editing allows users to securely access and edit their Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint files online or offline.
Simple Identity and Access Management
Controlling remote access to applications and data, including content stored in the cloud, demands a user-centric, mobile-aware approach to Identity and Access Management (IAM).
BlackBerry IAM solutions simplify access to your organization’s critical applications, systems and resources, streamlining the user experience while putting IT in full control.
- Leverage current investments
- Deploy on premises or in the cloud
- Save money
End-to-End Security with Data Path Controls
With traditional browsing, sensitive corporate data such as bookmarks, NTLM credentials or files may be exposed. BlackBerry Access uses Data Path Controls to securely route traffic thru the firewall, and at the same time keeps intranet and any SaaS data secure and containerized. BlackBerry Access also delivers support for PAC files.
- “Whitelist” approved domains
- Set browser and app policies by user group
- Support server certificates and persistent credentials
- Enable strict tunnelling or flexible traffic control
Secure File Collaboration
To maximize productivity, employees must be able to safely access, share, sync and collaborate on the most sensitive files using any Windows, macOS or mobile device.
By using the BlackBerry® Workspaces desktop client app, application plug-in, or website app for Windows 10 or macOS, users can access a suite of secure productivity capabilities:
- Document editing
- File tracking
- Document permissions