BlackBerry Announces New Partnerships and Broad Enterprise Portfolio
BlackBerry expands enterprise solutions, raising the bar on security, productivity, communication and collaboration
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA and WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Nov. 13, 2014) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today new partnerships, enterprise solutions and value-added services that will improve productivity, communication and collaboration for enterprises.
Today's announcements during BlackBerry's Enterprise Portfolio Launch event in San Francisco include new partnerships, tools and technologies that further expand BlackBerry's enterprise portfolio spanning Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), Identity & Access, and Communications & Collaboration. BES12™: a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry® serves as the company's foundation to control access, data and applications across all mission-critical endpoints and devices, supporting all major enterprise platforms.
"Our Enterprise Portfolio, with BES12 at its foundation, does so much more than just manage cross-platform devices. Amongst many other capabilities, the portfolio provides easy and safe access to corporate data, manages an array of employee IDs, and offers new ways to securely and conveniently collaborate with colleagues," said John Sims, President of Global Enterprise Services at BlackBerry. "Today's announcements demonstrate that BlackBerry is delivering on our promise to design and develop enterprise solutions that drive secure communications and collaboration for our customers. Everything we and our broad-based ecosystem of partners, including systems integrators, mobile operators and distributors, do is to deliver greater productivity and efficiency to our customers."
The new enterprise solutions and services announced by BlackBerry today include:
• BES12, the foundation of BlackBerry's portfolio, securely manages apps and content across devices from every major mobile platform, including iOS, Android™, Windows Phone® and BlackBerry® devices. Vodafone, Rogers, SingTel and many more mobile operators around the world will resell BES12.
• BlackBerry announced a strategic partnership with Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. to provide a highly secure mobility solution for Android. As a result, early next year enterprise customers will have a new choice: a tightly integrated, end-to-end secure solution that brings together BES12 with Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets that include Samsung KNOX.
• BlackBerry® Blend for the Enterprise is part of BlackBerry's EMM offerings and makes it possible for employees to maximize their productivity by securely accessing personal and work data from their BlackBerry smartphone on any desktop or tablet. With a foundation built on BlackBerry security, BlackBerry Blend revolutionizes IT administration by shifting from managing devices to managing information movement and reduces the need for VPN, lowering total cost of ownership.
• WorkLife by BlackBerry® will allow enterprises to easily add a separate corporate phone number to personal devices brought in by their employees or for the employee to add a separate personal phone number to a corporate-liable device provided by the company. This will enable voice, SMS and data usage to be charged to the company while all other usage is charged directly to the employee, with no need to file and process expense reports or pay stipends. The solution will operate while on the home network as well as in roaming situations.
IDENTITY & ACCESS
• Announced today, Enterprise Identity by BlackBerry® will provide organizations a simple way to manage secure access to cloud-based services, including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and internal apps, with a single point of entitlement, control and audit.
• Announced today, VPN Authentication by BlackBerry® will provide easy-to-use, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)-based, two-factor authentication. This will allow mobile professionals to use something they know - their network credentials - with something they have - their iOS, Android or BlackBerry® 10 smartphone - to achieve seamless and secure access to corporate content behind the firewall, eliminating the need for costly and inconvenient hardware tokens.
COMMUNICATIONS & COLLABORATION
• BBM™ Meetings, announced today, provides a mobile-first collaboration app that allows voice and video conferences for groups of up to 25 people on BlackBerry 10 or Android smartphones, and also on Windows® PC or Mac. The solution is specifically built to enhance the productivity of the mobile professional through the use of such features as Auto Join.
• Offered in conjunction with BlackBerry's partner Secusmart, Secure Voice Solutions by BlackBerry demonstrates the company's commitment to being the first name in enterprise mobile security. The SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10 is a key solution that has been selected by Germany's Federal Office for Information Security for classified communications between the country's highest public officials.
BES12 and all of the value-added services within BlackBerry's enterprise portfolio will be offered as cloud services and priced on a subscription basis, allowing customers to avoid the need for heavy upfront investment.
BlackBerry also announced a new survey and report on mobility risk tolerance, which highlighted the need for more optimal levels of risk management in EMM. The report found, for example, that only one in three organizations (35 percent) are very confident that their organization's data assets are fully protected from unauthorized access via mobile devices. Additional details on the report are available here.
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.
Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. When used herein, words such as "expect", "anticipate", "estimate", "may", "will", "should", "intend", "believe", and similar expressions, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by BlackBerry Limited in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that BlackBerry believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Many factors could cause BlackBerry's actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including those described in the "Risk Factors" section of BlackBerry's Annual Information Form, which is included in its Annual Report on Form 40-F (copies of which filings may be obtained at www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov). These factors should be considered carefully, and readers should not place undue reliance on BlackBerry's forward-looking statements. BlackBerry has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
BlackBerry and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
BlackBerry Media Relations
(519) 888-7465 x77273
BlackBerry Investor Relations