Global Channel Partners and Mobile Operators Offering the New BES12 Cross-Platform EMM Solution by BlackBerry
WATERLOO, ON--(Nov. 13, 2014) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today that Ingram Micro, Orange France SA, Verizon Wireless, Vodafone, DMI and many other partners and mobile operators around the world are now offering BES12™: a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry® made available today. BlackBerry has worked closely with a broad-base of global resellers to ensure that its enterprise product portfolio is delivered effectively and swiftly into the market.
BlackBerry was named a Leader and achieved the top score in EMM strategy in the Forrester Wave: Enterprise Mobile Management, Q3 2014(1). As the leading EMM provider, BlackBerry customers include all G7 governments, 16 of the G20 governments, 10 out of 10 of the largest global enterprises in each of the pharmaceutical, law firm and automotive industries, and the top five largest oil and gas companies in the world.
BES12 provides expanded EMM capabilities that can manage any mobile deployment model such as BYOD, COPE and COBO, and is built on BlackBerry's trusted network. The BES12 platform supports iOS, Android™, Windows Phone®, BlackBerry® 10 and BlackBerry® OS. Key benefits of BES12 include:
- Comprehensive Cross-Platform EMM: Provides complete management and security for devices, applications and company data across all major enterprise device platforms and all tiers of device ownership and deployment models.
- End-to-End Security: Leverages advanced encryption, containerization, application wrapping and BlackBerry's secure global infrastructure. Provides end-to-end, platform-level security that keeps an organization's data safe and secure while in transit and at rest.
- Scalable Architecture: Scalable up to 25,000 devices per server and 150,000 devices per domain. BES12 is designed to reduce deployment cost and complexity and ensure maximum uptime with support for active-active high availability. It can be deployed on-premise or through a private cloud - and will soon be available via hybrid or public clouds.
- Streamlined User Experience: Enables administrators to holistically manage all users, devices, policies and profiles natively, from one easy-to-use unified console. A new attribute-driven, endpoint management model enables more flexible management of devices, applications and data. Comprehensive reporting and dashboards simplify the management of complex fleets of devices.
- Industry Leading Total Cost of Ownership: The recent study by Strategy Analytics, Enterprise Mobility Management: A Review of Total Cost of Ownership, found that BES is the lowest cost EMM solution based on the five year total cost of ownership (TCO). The study found that migrating from BES5 to a BlackBerry competitor is, on average, more than double the cost over five years than migrating from BES5 to the next generation of BES(2).
- Design for Internet of Things: BES12 is the first BES platform that will extend beyond smartphones and tablets to support the management of things, including medical diagnostic equipment, industrial machinery and automobiles.
- Global Support: All BES12 subscriptions include industry leading BlackBerry Technical Support Services to help manage the complexity and demanding requirements of mobility and evolving EMM strategies.
- Enhanced SIM-based Licensing: BlackBerry's exclusive connection to over 675 mobile operators around the world allows the BES12 platform to be licensed to a global network across all supported device platforms on a monthly subscription basis.
BlackBerry has worked with its expansive network of carrier and channel partners to facilitate the onboarding and sales process. Here is what some of them have to say about the launch of BES12 and their partnership with BlackBerry:
"It's an exciting time for BlackBerry - and for its partners. We expect BES12 to be well received by users and the mobility industry, and we look forward to our companies' continued collaboration." - Bashar Nejdawi, Executive Vice President, Ingram Micro and President, North America, Ingram Micro Mobility
"Orange is glad to see BlackBerry come back with a new strategy focused on the B2B market enabled by BES12. This EMM solution leverages the strengths of our network, and completely meets the challenges of our enterprise customers as they implement their digital transformation." - Valérie Cussac, VP Mobile Enterprise, Orange
"DMI is committed to delivering comprehensive mobility solutions and services, including managed mobility services, mobile app development and big data analytics, to our clients. We're pleased to provide BES12 implementations, upgrades, hosting, training and managed services within our portfolio of secure and effective EMM solutions for our commercial and public sector customers. We look forward to continuing our 10-year partnership with BlackBerry." - Sunny Bajaj, CEO, DMI
"We have been eagerly anticipating BES12 and are excited by the new features announced today. The ability to manage devices on a unified console from all major platforms, as well as all BlackBerry operating systems, is a compelling offering to our customers. We are pleased to call BlackBerry a partner and to extend their offering to our enterprise customers." - Mr. Faisal Al Bannai, CEO, Axiom Telecom
"With the launch of BES12, BlackBerry has a strong value proposition to offer customers. Through Zones' mobility practice, we recommend solutions to enterprises to help them harness the power of today's mobile solutions. We're excited to bring BES12 into our mobility solutions portfolio and look forward to a productive relationship with BlackBerry as a member of their partner community."- Greg Parsonson, Vice President of Partner and Product Marketing, Zones
"BES12 aligns with our efforts to provide the best business solutions available to enterprise customers globally. We're particularly impressed with how easily applications can be deployed and managed on the BES12 console, and, of course, the security that BlackBerry is known for. Thanks to our strong partnership with BlackBerry, enterprises on the international market can now benefit from these significant advantages." - Marco Gocht, CEO, ISEC7 Group
"Idea is happy to partner with BlackBerry to bring BES12 to its enterprise customers in India. The end-to-end secure, reliable and robust architecture of the BlackBerry enterprise solution addresses the complex mobility requirements of enterprises, and will complement Idea's current portfolio of enterprise offering. With BES12, we look forward to increase Idea's share of the enterprise segment and enable our customers to achieve more in a dynamic and fast growing business." - Mr. Sashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer, Idea Cellular
"EMS is excited for the launch of BES12 by BlackBerry which is a powerful and effective offer to its customers. BES12 is the best-in-class EMM solution, and EMS is a key global partner of BlackBerry, managing 100 mobile phone operators, and a large enterprise install base. We are pleased to enable this solution for our customers to help them in fulfilling their mobility needs with security and peace of mind." - Babar Khan - CEO, EMS
For more information about BES12, visit www.BlackBerry.com/bes12.
|(1)||Forrester Research, Inc. " The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobile Management, Q3 2014, " by Christian Kane and Tyler Shields, September 30, 2014.|
|(2)||Strategy Analytics, Enterprise Mobility Management: A review of Total Cost of Ownership, May 2014.|
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.
Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. When used herein, words such as "expect", "anticipate", "estimate", "may", "will", "should", "intend", "believe", and similar expressions, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and assumptions made by BlackBerry Limited in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that BlackBerry believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Many factors could cause BlackBerry's actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including those described in the "Risk Factors" section of BlackBerry's Annual Information Form, which is included in its Annual Report on Form 40-F (copies of which filings may be obtained at www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov). These factors should be considered carefully, and readers should not place undue reliance on BlackBerry's forward-looking statements. BlackBerry has no intention and undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
BlackBerry and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
BlackBerry Media Relations
(519) 888-7465 x77273
BlackBerry Investor Relations