BlackBerry to Participate in Billington CyberSecurity Summit that Explores National Cyber Strategy
SAN RAMON, CALIFORNIA – October 6, 2021 – BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) today announced that John Chen, Executive Chairman & CEO of BlackBerry, will lead a discussion on National Zero Trust Strategy at the Billington CyberSecurity Summit. Joining him for the discussion will be executives from the United States Navy, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Accenture, and Appgate. The session will air on October 7, at 2:45pm ET.
“I am delighted to host a distinguished set of experts for a discussion on National Zero Trust Strategy, at the Billington CyberSecurity Summit,” said John Chen, Executive Chairman & CEO, BlackBerry. “Adopting a zero-trust security architecture is pivotal to preventing and limiting the impact of cyberattacks, and to protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure.”
“We are honored by BlackBerry’s partnership with us to produce the 12th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit. It underscores the critical role played by distinguished technology companies that comprise the whole-of-nation effort to enhance our collective cybersecurity,” said Thomas K. Billlington, CEO and Founder, Billington CyberSecurity.
Speakers at the summit include:
- Chris Cleary, Principal Cyber Advisor, U.S. Navy, DOD
- William M. MacMillan, CISO, CIA
- Bill Marion, Growth & Strategy Lead, Defense, Accenture Federal Services
- Jason Garbis, Chief Product Officer, Appgate & Author: Zero Trust Security: An Enterprise Guide
- The Honorable Alejandro Mayorkas, Secretary, DHS
- Dr. Kelly Fletcher, Performing the Duties of the Chief Information Officer, DOD
- Lt. Gen. Robert J. Skinner, Director, DISA and Commander, JFHQ-DODIN
- The Hon. Chris Inglis, National Cyber Director, Executive Office of the President
- Jen Easterly, Director, CISA, DHS
- Rob Joyce, Director, Cybersecurity Directorate, NSA
- Lt. Gen. Stephen G. Fogarty, Commanding General, U.S. Army Cyber Command
- Eileen Vidrine, CDO, U.S. Air Force
The Billington Cybersecurity Summit, a world leading government event on cybersecurity, is being held virtually from October 6-8. Learn more or register at https://billingtoncybersummit.com/.
For more information on BlackBerry Zero Trust security solutions click here.
BlackBerry (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) provides intelligent security software and services to enterprises and governments around the world. The company secures more than 500M endpoints including over 195M vehicles. Based in Waterloo, Ontario, the company leverages AI and machine learning to deliver innovative solutions in the areas of cybersecurity, safety and data privacy solutions, and is a leader in the areas of endpoint management, endpoint security, encryption, and embedded systems. BlackBerry’s vision is clear - to secure a connected future you can trust.
BlackBerry. Intelligent Security. Everywhere.
For more information, visit BlackBerry.com and follow @BlackBerry.
Trademarks, including but not limited to BLACKBERRY and EMBLEM Design are the trademarks or registered trademarks of BlackBerry Limited, and the exclusive rights to such trademarks are expressly reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
BlackBerry Media Relations
+1 (519) 597-7273
+1 (703) 554-3609