The Changing Face of Healthcare
Technology is changing the way healthcare is delivered, from hospital staff coordination to clinical collaboration and first responder readiness.
- Healthcare personnel use mobile devices to communicate with colleagues down the hall and around the world.
- Home healthcare workers use tablets and smartphones to access patient care plans in real time.
- Patients are being monitored remotely using connected diagnostic devices.
The benefits of digitizing healthcare are plentiful, but the right software, workflows and security are essential.
Records breached in the last 8 years1
Records stolen via electronic media1
BlackBerry Healthcare Momentum Continues with Latest HIMSS INFRAM Certification
Recently, BlackBerry announced several major healthcare developments, including the introduction of a secure healthcare blockchain solution to store and share Protected Health Information (PHI) data, an ultra-secure operating system for medical devices, and partnerships with Mackenzie Innovation Institute and Melanoma Institute Australia.
The Trusted Solution in Mobile Healthcare
Leverage proven BlackBerry data protection capabilities, such as secure containers, military-grade encryption, secure network operations center (NOC), and app-level security policies to safeguard your most sensitive data.
Fortune 500 healthcare providers powered by BlackBerry software
Hospitals trust BlackBerry for their mobility needs
Active BlackBerry mass notifications users in healthcare
Enable New Business Functionality Through Secure File Sharing
Secure file sharing and cloud storage services can play a vital role in research and sharing unstructured PHI to improve patient care, enabling global sharing of clinical data within regulation and providing anytime, anywhere access to patient data.
- Expedite patient treatment and diagnosis
- Synchronize and share patient files
- Share healthcare research data securely
- Comply with security and privacy requirements of HIPAA, the HITECH Act and the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), GDPR, Notable Data Breach Scheme.
Protect People and Operations
During emergencies, hospitals help hold communities together, so it’s vital to everyone that healthcare workers themselves stay safe and informed. A good crisis communications plan is essential, one that will account for every staff member and provide instructions on what to do next.
- Send mass emergency notifications to devices, PA systems, sirens and other equipment
- Communicate with personnel and determine where assistance is required
- Make critical safety decisions for patients, staff and the community
- Meet CMS Personnel Accountability Guidelines
- Get vast improvements in clinical staffing
- Protect against ransomware and emergency preparedness
- Improve emergency preparedness
Collaborate Securely on Any Device
Communication is fundamental to healthcare, but as digitization proliferates, inefficiencies with traditional healthcare models become increasingly evident. To address issues like noisy environments, inefficient communication and the use of non-compliant messaging, healthcare providers must select a suitable messaging platform.
Managing usability, control and security can best be done with a single solution for:
- Data and File Transfer
- GPS Sharing
Complete Flexibility of Mobile Deployment
Your organizational security is only as strong as its weakest link – and in healthcare, evidence suggests the weakest link is mobile security. As new device types proliferate, how do you stay in control while empowering staff with secure access to communications and data?
BlackBerry® UEM delivers complete management and policy control for your endpoints and apps.
- Cross-platform support for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS and BlackBerry
- On-premise and cloud solutions
BlackBerry® Work allows you to take your workflows mobile without sacrificing security.
- Enterprise email, calendar, contacts, presence, document access
- Next-generation containerization to protect sensitive data
Securely Connect and Manage Healthcare Things
Healthcare is entering a new phase of Internet connectivity that goes beyond smartphones. Healthcare IoT envisions every healthcare device equipped with an Internet connection so it can communicate securely with other devices to report its status and the status of the patient it’s monitoring.
Leverage AI to Protect Healthcare Data and Systems
Cybercriminals have little compassion, targeting data – financial, insurance, health files, even medical devices – as a way in. AI-driven technology from Cylance helps IT staff prevent attacks, and secure the many vulnerabilities of modern healthcare data, technology, and systems.
In addition to high-quality care, the security of personal health information is one of our most important responsibilities. With BBM Enterprise, we are able to ensure both, allowing care providers to consult each other about a patient’s needs in a timely, secure manner.
Chief Information Management Officer/Chief Privacy Officer, Grand River Hospital
BlackBerry software has simplified communication with our staff, improved patient safety by providing visibility into when and where our staff are providing service, and has enabled a heightened level of productivity into our operations.
CIO, VHA Home HealthCare
BlackBerry isn’t just a supplier, but a partner. We often start with the premise that we’re looking to develop a relationship to help support the organizational aspirations and challenges. We are an innovative organization with an international reputation and we want to make sure that we continue to build on that foundation. BlackBerry appreciates that.
Director of Information and Communications Technology, UHB