Smart Healthcare for Better Outcomes
The Impact of Connected Devices in Healthcare
Improving Patient Care with IoT
Instant Access to Information
Better Use of Resources
Facilitated Data Collection
Connectivity Without Security is Not Enough
Secure Endpoint Management
Unified Endpoint Management tools like BlackBerry® UEM enable the secure management of connected devices from smartphones and laptops to wearables.
- Single console for secure multi-OS endpoint management
- Reduced TCO with unified management of devices, apps and content
- Flexible deployment: BYOD for physicians, Corporate Owned Business Only (COBO) for shift devices and kiosks, Corporate Owned Personally Enabled (COPE) for administrators
Security for Device Manufacturers
Protecting Medical Devices Against Malware
Med Tech devices represent an attack surface with unique dangers, but BlackBerry® Protect prevents threats before they execute in both open and isolated networks without the need for continual signature updates or cloud connections. It uses an Artificial Intelligence (AI) approach to malware detection, which is different from other solutions.
- AI eliminates the need for antivirus databases
- Protects against Zero-day threats and previously unknown malware
Security in Medical Device Design
BlackBerry® QNX is a trusted OS platform and technology partner for safety-critical medical devices. The QNX® OS for Medical is third-party certified and declared compliant to IEC 62304, shortening the life cycle of producing Class III Medical Devices.
- Support for numerous communication protocols across the healthcare application space
- Advanced security mechanisms built-in to protect devices from malicious attacks
University Hospitals Birmingham
A lot of these medical devices…contain patient data, and we need to be aware of what data is on there and make sure that they are not chinks in our armor against spilling that patient information
Paul Jennings, UHB’s head of Technical Operations & Infrastructure