Securing the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) is emerging as one of the most significant developments of our time. Connected endpoints are extending beyond laptops, smartphones and tablets to drive new levels of business transformation in the enterprise.
Smart Glasses represent a new class of enterprise devices that are appearing in the workplace, requiring new levels of security and support.
Managing Smart Glasses
As more wearable devices are used in the enterprise, BlackBerry® UEM allows IT to support secure deployment and provisioning. IT can apply a consistent set of productivity applications and corporate policies, as well as commands such as locking, unlocking, and wiping of the Smart Glasses.
- Secure enrollment - Enroll device in “Work only” mode
- Policy and profile assignment – Define network setting, enforce encryption
- IT actions – Lock, unlock, and wipe device
- Compliance – Require software updates
- App management and deployment – Provision with third party apps
- Geo location – Locate and apply policies based on location
- Single user / multiple devices – Manage varying deployment options
- Flexible group-based assignments - Leverage existing UEM groups and assigned policies
- BlackBerry connectivity – Connect smart glasses to the BlackBerry secure network