Asset tracking solutions offer a way to manage and monitor an organization’s physical assets or equipment. These monitoring solutions effectively help improve operations – boosting utilization, reducing costs and minimizing wasted time. With many tracking options available, it’s important to choose a solution that can provide reliable visibility, a low total cost of ownership (TCO) and a high return on investment (ROI).
What are the challenges?
Any modern transportation technology solution must address the key elements facing carriers and asset-based transportation companies today. Those include:
- Driver retention and satisfaction
- Increased demand and capacity crunch
- Focus on reducing costs and improving efficiencies
- Differentiated customer service offerings
How can an asset tracking solution address these challenges?
Asset management is moving past traditional trailer tracking to add value for those that want to and can leverage data in new ways, leading to benefits such as:
- Improving the driver experience
- Increasing utilization of assets and staff
- Better management of operational costs
- Giving your staff accurate data